Tell Us About Your Case
Asterisk (*) denotes required.
Our attorneys are dedicated to helping families in transition. We have a single focus - providing the steady counsel, responsive service and powerful advocacy every client deserves. Please click on the links below to learn more:
Custody, Visitation, & Support
At Vacanti Shattuck, we recognize that divorce often affects everyone in a family — adults and children. When you consult with our Omaha family law firm, our Nebraska attorneys will help you protect those important relationships you have with your children, as well as preserve as much family harmony as possible.
Helping You Safeguard Important Relationships You Share With Your Child
Since our inception, we have assisted mothers and fathers with negotiating custody, support and other child-related agreements that not only protect their parental rights but are also in the best interests of their children. Managing partners Christopher A. Vacanti and Kelly T. Shattuck offer decades of effective legal representation in cases regarding:
- Child custody and visitation | At Vacanti Shattuck, we help mothers and fathers negotiate parenting plans that allow them to spend the maximum amount of parenting time with their children.
- Child support | Our lawyers advocate and advise during child support proceedings, seeing that both parents’ incomes are accurately represented and our client’s resources are maximized. We also represent unmarried parents during paternity and child support proceedings, making sure that the parental rights of each parent are protected in the child support, parenting time and custody agreements.
- Alimony/spousal support | We provide vigorous representation to clients during divorce proceedings, seeing that any alimony order is fair and that our clients have maximum economic security.
- Modifying custody, visitation and support orders | Our Omaha family law firm frequently represents clients in proceedings involving modification of decrees governing child custody, visitation and support.
- Enforcement and violations of orders | When an agreement is violated, you have the legal right to hold the negligent party accountable. Our team can assist you with enforcing your child custody, visitation and support orders. We also represent clients accused of violating agreements.
- Paternity | If you are being named as the father of a child in a claim for child support payments, our attorneys will protect your rights during paternity proceedings. We will see that the court issues a parenting order in connection with the child support proceedings, allowing you access to your child and handle your request for modification of custody, visitation or support.
- Father’s rights | Our attorneys at Vacanti Shattuck are known by many as the fathers’ rights lawyers. We will help you receive a child custody and visitation order that provides you with maximum parenting time. Whether you are going through a divorce or have never been married to your child’s other parent, we will help you protect your rights as a parent.
- Removal from jurisdiction | If you wish to apply for a removal or you want to fight a removal, the lawyers at Vacanti Shattuck can help.
Contact Our Omaha Alimony Attorneys Today
We invite you to contact Vacanti Shattuck at 402-345-7600 to schedule an initial consultation for a reduced fee with one of our lawyers to discuss your questions regarding custody, visitation and support in Nebraska. Our law office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. We accept major credit cards.
Formerly operating under the name Cohen Vacanti Higgins Shattuck, we represent clients in Omaha, Lincoln and the surrounding area, as well as military personnel based at Offutt Air Force Base.