Divorce & Separation
Divorce is often one of the most difficult events that can happen to a family. Because the decisions you make when ending your marriage have the power to affect your life and your children’s future, it is critical to consult a Divorce Attorney in Omaha, NE who can help you make the most effective choices.
At Vacanti Shattuck, Divorce Attorney in Omaha, NE, our managing partners Christopher A. Vacanti and Kelly T. Shattuck and the rest of our team offer more than 40 years of experience helping individuals and families in all aspects of divorce and separation. We urge you to consult our Omaha family law firm regarding:
- Divorce | Offering legal advice and support, our lawyers will work closely with you to learn about your situation and help you understand your rights. We recognize that every divorce is different, whether it is contested or uncontested. You can expect to speak to a legal professional who understands what you are going through and will help guide through the process, every step of the way.
- Military divorce | When one or both spouses are active or retired U.S. military members, additional factors must be addressed in divorce. Our attorneys have strong understanding of the federal laws involved in military divorce, as well as the income and retirement benefits that will be divided. We represent military members from Offutt Air Force Base, as well as throughout the state.
- Legal separation | For those spouses who wish to live apart long term but remain married, legal separation is an option. Our Nebraska marriage separation attorneys can help you learn about separation in Nebraska and skillfully guide you through the legal process while taking into consideration important factors involving, children, property and benefits.
- Prenuptial agreements | Our firm has helped hundreds of couples draft strategic and thorough prenuptial agreements that protect important separate (premarital) property and preserve inheritance for children from previous relationships.
- Have You Seen A Lot Of Requests For Custody Modifications Or Support Modifications During The Pandemic?
- Should I See A Financial Adviser Before Filing For Divorce?
- Should I Move Out Before The Divorce Is Final? Does That Give Up My Rights To Any Property?
- Are There Financial Benefits To Choosing Mediation In A Divorce? Should This Always Be Considered As A First Option?
- Does The Division Of Assets In A Divorce Become Complicated If One Or Both Parties Own A Business?
- Can I Sell My Business During A Divorce?
- Do Courts In Nebraska Favor One Parent Over The Other In A Custody Case?
- Can Someone Handle A Simple Divorce On Their Own Without Legal Counsel?
- Is A Divorce Between Two Business Owners More Complicated?
- How Will My Assets Be Divided If I Owned A Business Before And During Marriage?
- How Can My Spouse And I Co-Own A Business After A Divorce?
- How Does Nebraska State Law Define Property In A Divorce Case?
- Are Pension And Retirement Programs Divided The Same As Other Property In A Nebraska Divorce?
- Why Should Someone Hire An Attorney For The Divorce Process?
- How Can Someone Prepare For An Impending Divorce Or Separation?
- Which Party Generally Has To Pay Alimony Or Spousal Support In A Divorce?
- How Is The Custody Of A Child Determined In A Divorce?
Our Divorce Attorney in Omaha, NE recognize how confusing and complicated the legal process can be for our clients. We are committed to answering all of our clients’ questions, like “How will my divorce affect my life?” as well as addressing related issues including custody, visitation and support, and other domestic matters.
Contact Our Omaha Divorce And Separation Attorneys Today
We invite you to contact Vacanti Shattuck, Divorce Attorney in Omaha, NE, at (402) 235-6070 to schedule an initial consultation for a reduced fee with one of our lawyers to discuss your family law issues. Our law office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. We accept major credit cards.
Formerly operating under the name Cohen Vacanti Higgins Shattuck, we represent clients in Omaha, Lincoln and the surrounding area, as well as military personnel based at Offutt Air Force Base.
Call Today To Schedule A
Consultation With An Attorney